As an online entrepreneur a huge message is create passive income or teach everything you know so, if you’ve been in “this world” for any amount of time, I guarantee you’ve thought “How do I create a course?”.
Well, you’re in luck, because that’s exactly what I’m going to teach you:
How to Create a Course.
Ok, this is going to sound really “easy” in list format but – you gotta know – creating a course is A LOT of work.
Basically, what you’ll want to do to create your course is:
- Pick a topic that is relevant to your ideal client (if you’re a service based business, think about what your client needs to do before or after they work with you – NOT how they can do what you do for them themselves).
- Pick the type of content you’ll have (video, text, both, etc).
- Pick your platform.
- Create a course outline.
- what will your course be about?
- Write your text notes.
- Google Docs, Word/Pages + Convert to PDF.
- Film your videos (if necessary).
- You’ll need a camera for “talking head” videos and screencast software like Quicktime for screen recording.
- Edit the videos & upload to your platform.
- I love iMovie for editing!
- Layout the course in your course platform.
Told ya it looks easy!
Here’s the thing, you want to make sure you’re doing all of this PLUS marketing it, plus have a killer sales page & launch plan – it’s definitely not just a “done” kinda thing.
But ya know what? You’re really awesome so I know you can do it!
Do you want to see a little bit more detail and/or just watch the video version of this post? Here ya go! 6