We’ve been talking about how to increase SEO and one of the things we’re going to talk about in a few weeks is how to use YouTube and/or video content to increase your search engine reach but something that comes with that is that we want our YouTube channels to be pretty, right? So, I’m going to teach you
How to Create a YouTube Intro in Adobe Photoshop.
You can see an example of what you can create EASILY below…crazy easy…promise.
you’ll then just add music and WAALAA!
First, to start, you need to have Adobe Photoshop (you can get it AND Lightroom for $9.99/mo).
Alright, so, let’s get in to it.
- Create a new document in Photoshop at the ratio of 2560 x 1440 pixels.
- Import all images/graphics you want to use in the intro into Photoshop in different layers.
- Arrange the layers correctly.
- Now, navigate to “window>timeline” and make sure you turn on the “frame view”.
- You’ll then turn off all layers except for the one you want the intro to start with.
- Get that layer perfect and then move on and create a new layer for the next frame and so forth.This is all personal preference so just get it just right for YOU. You can easily have different images taking over the frame (like below) or something like I’ve done in the screenshots (and video below), either way.
- Alright, so once you’ve gotten it right, you can play it and adjust anything you need to.
- Once it’s all perfect, go to “file>export>save for web” and save it as a GIF with images only.
- The problem with doing this is that it’ll export into separate images on your system so the easiest way to really view it as an animated GIF is to open it in a browser window (just right-click and view in the browser OR drag over to your browser). Alright, so open it in a browser window.
- Open up a screen casting recorder (I use Quicktime on a Mac) and record the gif as it plays.
- Then import that screen recording of your GIF into iMovie, overlay with music and WAALAA.
Obviously having a semi-decent understanding of Photoshop is going to help you tremendously through this process but you can easily follow along in the video below to make one of your own!
If you’re wanting the video version of this post – hit it up below – it’s super easy to follow.3