“Create a course”, they say.
“Make it evergreen”, they say.
What in the world does that even mean and how do I do it?!
Well, I’m here to tell ya – ‘cause you know yo’ girl has got your back!
An evergreen course is essentially just a course that is always for sale. Now, by definition, you can honestly just have the sales page up all the time to your evergreen course and that’s as far as you take it BUT you’re doing yourself a disservice because you’re banking on the off-chance that someone just randomly needs it on a given day and finds your content.
To make the most of evergreen courses, you need to have those puppies set-up in sales funnels and it’s WAY easier than you think, promise.
HOW TO SET-UP AN EVERGREEN COURSE FUNNEL
What you need:
- A course (or other evergreen paid content).
- A way for someone to buy your course/content/
Honestly, if you’re reading this post, you probably already have the course and way to sell it nailed down, but, on the off-chance that you don’t. You can reference this post on how to create and sell an online course (cliff notes version, I LOVE Thinkific).
After you’ve got that course created and you’re ready to set up the funnel, the next (and only) thing you need is ConvertKit.
If you haven’t heard me declare my love for #allthingsCK before, basically I heart ConvertKit’s face because they make setting up funnels and having multiple free-to-paid sequences, super freakin’ easy. You can accomplish this same process on other email platforms BUT, to be honest, I’ve tried several and ConvertKit is the only one that has me swooning.
Ok, now that you have all of the pieces in place, here’s what you need to do.
- Create a freebie (think evergreen webinar, free PDF/eBook, challenge, etc) that is inline with the course you’re wanting to sell.
- Create a form in ConvertKit (yes, just go in and create a form).
- Link the form from step #2 to the page where you’re promoting your freebie so that people can actually signup. You can use services like Leadpages, your own website or even ConvertKit’s built-in landing pages.
- Create a sequence in ConvertKit that takes the person from “Here’s your free thing you signed up for” to “here’s how I’m awesome” to “Buy my cool course” and then hook that sequence to the form.
- Send people to the freebie page from step 1.
Yes, really, somebody hid an easy button in that one.
Setting up an evergreen course can feel scary as heck but it’s as easy as putting the “buy now” link in an email at the end of a funnel and you promoting the freebie at the top of that funnel.
Do that and you’ll be making money in your sleep – or while you’re binging
eating donuts watching Gilmore Girls.